It is Shonna Kaldwell's policy to respect your privacy regarding any information we may collect from you or which you may provide us, in the circumstances set out below. Accordingly, we have developed this policy in order for you to understand how we collect, use, communicate, disclose, safeguard and otherwise make use of your personally identifiable information. ("Personal Data").
We will only collect and use your Personal Data where:
-we have lawful grounds to do so, including to comply with our legal obligations;
-we are performing a contract with you for our services; and
-we have legitimate interests in using your Personal Data and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests.
For the purposes of the EU General Data Protection Regulation ((EU) 2016/669) ("GDPR"), I, Shonna Kaldwell, am the "data controller". If you have any questions about this policy or about how we use your Personal Data, please contact us via our contact details at the end of this policy.
1. Personal Data we collect via our website, www.shonnakaldwell.com (the "Website")
Personal Data that you provide to us
We only collect Personal Data where you choose to interact with us on the Website in the following ways: when you sign up to receive free content, when you purchase a book directly from us, when you win a prize from us, or when you choose to contact us directly.
Types of personal data collect: email address, first name, last name, mailing address, payment method choice (payment details are held by our payment processor, not us.).
Data that we collect automatically
2. Use of your Personal Data
We will only use your Personal Data when the law allows us to. Most commonly, we use your Personal Data to:
- process and manage use of our website;
- respond to your question, comments, and requests;
- where you have opted-in to receive marketing from us, deliver communications that are relevant to your preferences/may be of interest to you;
- improve our services and Website through analysis of information.
3. Sharing of your Personal Data
We take your privacy seriously and will not share your Personal Data with others, except as permitted by applicable law or as set out below:
We share Personal Data as necessary with third parties who provide services or functions on our behalf and who require the information to provide those services to us. These third parties may include social media advertising platforms such as Facebook and Google for the purpose of custom audience generation and the development of targeting criteria for other audiences. Please note that we have appropriate data privacy safeguards in places with third parties with whom we share Personal Data as described above and who are providing services or functions on our behalf.
4. Keeping your Personal Data secure
We have implemented security policies and technical measures to safeguard the Personal Data we collect. We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards that comply with applicable law, including the GDPR, to safeguard Personal Data from accidental loss, destruction or damage and unauthorized access, use and disclosure.
5. Retention periods for use of your Personal Data
This website and our services are aimed at adults, and we do not knowingly collect any Personal Data relating to children aged under 15 years old. If you are under the age of 15, please do not provide us with any of your Personal data, including your email address.
7. Access to and control over your Personal Data
You have legal rights under applicable law in relation to your Personal Data. You can ask the following questions, or take the following actions, at any time by contacting us via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or via our postal address:
- see what Personal Data we hold about you (if any), including why we are holding it and who it could be disclosed to;
- ask us to change/correct your Personal Data;
- ask us to delete your Personal Data;
- object to the processing of your Personal Data;
- ask us to restrict the processing of your Personal Data;
- withdraw any consents you have given us to the processing of your Personal Data; and
- express any concerns you have about third parties' use of your Personal Data.
8. Change of purpose
We will on use your Personal Data for the purposes from which we collected it, unless we reasonably consider that we need to use it for another reason and that reason in compatible with the original purpose. If you wish to have an explanation as to how the processing for the new purpose is compatible with the original purpose, please contact us.
If we need to use your Personal Data for an unrelated purpose, we will notify you and we will explain the legal basis which allows us to do so.
9. Cookies We Collect
(Users may opt out of personalized advertising by visiting Ads Settings on their Internet browsers.)
We use Google Analytics to collect information about how you use the Website. We do this to help make improvements to the site and user experience.
Google Analytics store information about:
The pages you visit on the Website
- How long you spend on each page
- How you got to visit the Website
- What you click on whilst you’re visiting
Web Provider - Wix
Our website administrator weebly.com provides tools that enable us to remember your viewing practices.
Google and Amazon’s use of advertising cookies enables it and its partners to serve ads to your users based on their visit to your sites and/or other sites on the
Newsletter Provider - MailChimp
MailChimp provides analytic tools to track actions taken on newsletters sent to you.
10. Contact Us
Details - Urban Fantasy Author Shonna Kaldwell
email for privacy questions - email@example.com
Postal address - TBD